Re: Building a Model

greene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Unless you're a short term trader (I'm not) - I think it's harder to make
> money going short than going long - because the market tends to go up more
> often than it goes down.

Unless you mean in the context of the current uptrend in the stock
market and bond market as a long-term event, I would disagree with
this statement. Markets do not tend to go up more than down...

>In any event - I do all my trading in tax deferred
> accounts - where I can't go short (unless I want to buy puts - and I don't
> like doing options).  Robyn

Actually Robyn, though it's difficult to believe, I know a perfectly
legal way to trade long or short positions in a tax deferred account.
If you would like further information, I will certainly answer your
questions, if I can, by email...

Tim Morge