Re: End of day change over

Owen Davies wrote:

> Here's a fourth question about CSI.  I understand that if you decide
> to stop using them, the data you've bought disappears in 30 days or
> is somehow rendered unusable.  Is that correct?  Is it true of the other
> vendors?  (Okay, a fifth question.)
>
> I've been away from trading for a year or so, but last time I needed
> data, I used Tick Data, before the change of ownership.  Everything
> they sold me is still here on the hard drive, fully usable.  No idea what
> they are like under the new folks.
>
> Anyway, CSI looked good until I ran across that "leave-us-and-die"
> provision.  That killed my interest real fast.
>
> Owen Davies

I have no idea where all these odd ideas have come from about CSI. No, I am
not paid by CSI to dispel them. I simply have used CSI for roughly 15 years
and they always seem to have the cleanest futures data and the certainly now
have the most compact data base with the new algorithms used in Unfair
Advantage.

The only thing I can think of that might refer to 30 days has nothing to do
with the data 'disappearing' on you. If you haven't updated your portfolio in
Unfair Advantage in over 30 days, you have to do special updates, in chunks.
It doesn't cost you anything, it's simply a housekeeping function that is
different from the single one-time connect to the internet routine. I
recently took a great 7 week much needed break from trading and I didn't
update a thing [God, that was fun...]. When I returned to my office, I had to
double check all my data feeds and do my updates on: CSI Unfair Advantage,
Tech Tools, Reuters Online, and BMI. It wasn't hell, it just wasn't my normal
routine. And my CSI data was all there and all useable before I updated the
files.

Timothy Morge