Re: TradeStation 4.0 Build 21 - Editing of Bad Ticks

In a message dated 98-03-06 09:53:40 EST, Mr. Rodney Grisham
wrote:

<< In addition to the request to fix the "problem with editing more
 than 33,000 ticks," I asked that Omega fix the problem caused by
 bad ticks before market open or as first tick of the day.  Bill
 Cruz called yesterday to say Omega could not fix it.  This is
 impossible to reconcile with the fact that a person using the
 current version(s) of TradeStation can manually edit every 64th
 tick and thus recover the correct tick data.  If it can be done
 by hand, it can be automated.  I beg you to explain why not.
 I have professionally developed engineering software since
 the late 60's.  I want that bug fixed, or I want a logical,
 complete explanation of why not. >>

Dear Ms. Perez,

I am surprised as well as disappointed to hear that Omega seems
to be making a reversal on the initial tick issue.

That would be in direct conflict with Omega's official announcement
made on this forum on February 2, 1998. At that time, you "were
pleased to announce that the above two issues (bad tick editing and
initial tick - note by IU) will be addressed in a free update (patch) to
TradeStation 4.0, SuperCharts Real-time 4.0 that users will be able
to download from the Omega Research Web Site in early second
quarter."

The patch was going to involve "a more automated way of deleting
bad ticks for days that contain numerous bad ticks (example: if
bad prices occur at the beginning of a day), so that a user does
not need to delete each bad tick manually."

It would appreciated if your company could keep this public
commitment. It would go a long way toward benefitting both your
company and your customers.

Sincerely,

Igor Uhrik