Re: Bond investing

They certainly did like the remarks.  Has a bit of a smell of a relief
rally to me though.  I've had bonds on an intermediate sell for a few
days now - and I'm just waiting and watching.  I got whipsawed in early
September - so I decided to watch for a few days before I sold any of my
zeros.  Wonder if I got a buyback at the close of trading today?

I don't follow any particular treasury issues.  I follow the tbond and
muni futures (continuous contracts) - yields on the benchmarks - the
Benham Target maturity funds - the DJ bonds - maybe some other things I
can't remember off the top of my head.  I do systems - trend line work -
etc. on all of these.  I think that's enough (maybe more than enough
<g>).

Managing an income portfolio is supposed to be like watching paint dry
<g>.  As it is - I don't do much for most of the year (except read and
look at charts).  Then I do all the buying I have to do once or twice a
year over a period of a few days - when I think the market is right.

There's an old saying - if you don't know who you are - the market's an
expensive place to find out.  I've been in the markets for about 25
years now - and I know that intraday trading isn't for me (or my
stomach).  About the "sexiest" thing I do is trade Fidelity Select
funds.  Puts a few dollars in my pocket - and the volatility's about as
much as I (and my systems) can handle comfortably.  Your mileage may
vary <g>.  Robyn