Re: Letter to B. Cruz on bad tick editing

<< Hmmmm.  What version of TS was first able to handle the 33,000 ticks ??

 don

 >>>>>>Subject:          Letter to B. Cruz on bad tick editing
    Date:          Tue, 13 Jan 98 19:32:31 +0000
    From:          IUhrik <IUhrik@xxxxxxx>
      To:          officeofthepresident@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      CC:          omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx

 The following is an E-mail copy of a letter that I am sending to you for
 the record by Certified mail:

 Mr. Bill Cruz, President
 Omega Research, Inc.
 9200 Sunset Drive
 Miami, Fl 33173

 January 13, 1998

 Subject: Bad tick editing

 Dear Bill:

 On several occasions in the past two years I have communicated to
 you and your associates my concerns about TradeStation's ability
 to save and display the real-time data in a reliable and usable way.

 After TradeStation had been enabled with the capability to edit bad
 ticks for symbols generating up to 33,000 ticks a day, two major
 problems have remained:

Build 18 and higher.

Before version 4 build 16, TS could edit only symbols consisting of
fewer than 12,000 ticks a day. TS went over this barrier with build 16.
However, as I found out and reported to Omega, that build consisted
of a bug -- for each tick edited, TS often created 60 new bad ticks.
Omega quickly produced build 18 which corrected the bug. I was told
by Omega techs that the new build was able to handle bad tick editing
in symbols generating hundreds of thousands of ticks a day.

Unfortunately, it turned out shortly afterwards that the max is only
about 33,000 ticks -- a limit that is totally insufficient in view of the
following factors: the current number of symbols crossing the 33K
threshold, the amount of bad ticks sent by exchanges, the rising trend
in the volume of transactions per day in major stocks.

This is one of two critical defects that make Omega products not fully
functional for stock and option traders.

IU