Re: Letter to B. Cruz on bad tick editing

> Would the product then be "unsuitable for the use intended" (car with bad
> breaks)?  Would the seller then be obligated to refund? (I''m making an
> assumption that the seller would not claim that in fact the product was
> suitable and therefore assume the buyer's risk of  furture losses due to bad
> charts.)
>
> Happy Trading!
> Bob Hoff

It is perplexing that so many are of the opinion that Omega should be
financially responsible for things like "I got a bad tick and it ruined
my trade".  Things happen - I don't see any evidence of Omega's incompetence.
Sure, because of the way they handle data there are certain characteristics -
some of which may be undesirable.  But that would be true no matter how they
handle data.  Live with it and be responsible for your own trades.

If you can't handle it - stop using TS.  Don't use something that is causing
you problems and blame someone else for it.

Now I think there are some problems that Omega should address.  Some are
already experiencing a Y2K problem and they are using the latest software.
However, the idea that someone has some 7 year old software and thing that
Omega must fix Y2K in that for free so they don't have to be using the
current version is ludicrous.  Yes, I understand that the upgrade takes
away capability and I also agree that Omega should provide this capability
in EOD software, but the point is still valid.  The software is old and
it has problem becuase its still being used.  To use the car example, are
you going to demand the dealer replace your brakes in the year 2000 because
they are old and are no longer work correctly!  That is perposterous.  Do you
expect companies to also provide fixes for 8086 and motherboards in the
year 2000?

There are some that have unreal expectations of what Omega should be doing
for them even though all they did was buy less than $200 worth of stuff many
many years ago - they expect Omega to spend $1000's of dollars to support
them till the end of eternity!  This seems to obfiscate the issue for those
that face legitimate problems today or are concerned they will have problems
tomorrow that will adversely affect them even when they are using the latest
products available.

It comes down to an issue of what are reasonable expectations from a vendor.
Some have unreasonable expectations and often write about why they think
Omega should be responsible for some of their losses and why Omega should
do such and such for them and they are not even prepared to pay for this or
have the decency to use the latest products.

Chris Norrie