Re: SC daily/weekly EL system?

Kim Horn's suggestion of using global variables is preferable to using a
dual data chart.  As I have explained in back issues of TS Express, the
problems caused by the failure of TS to update variables properly when there
is a Friday Holiday is very disturbing.  Daily and Weekly bars should not be
used on the same chart.

At 10:53 AM 1/11/98 -0600, you wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Jan 1998 02:29:11 EST FrankKaeb <FrankKaeb@xxxxxxx> writes:
>>Is it possible to write a system with SC's quick editor that allows
>>daily and
>>weekly indicator signals to be recorded on the same chart so that the
>>system
>>can be backtested?  (for example, a system that might need a daily RSI
>>signal
>>but only if this signal is in the same direction as weekly momentum)
>>I have
>>not been able to figure this out.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>One way to accomplish what I think  you're trying to achieve is to start
>with a daily chart and then insert
>in a separate subgraph a weekly plot of the same security.  When doing
>so, be sure that the "replace active security" option in the Insert
>Security dialog box is NOT checked (I often foget to do this and take out
>my initial plot).  Once you have the daily and weekly plots up, you can
>plot multiple RSI's (or other indicators) on a third subgraph.  When
>inserting the indicator, go to the Properties tab of the dialog box to
>make sure that it references the plot you want and that it will be placed
>in the right subgraph location.
>
>For application in a system, use data1 or data2 designations (i.e.
>RSI(close of data1,len1) >Number1 and Momentum (close of
>data2,len2)>Number2)
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Regards,
>
>Charlie

Best Regards,
William Brower
Inside Edge Systems
Publisher of TS Express
The TradeStation Users Journal
Free Sample Available (Send Mail Address)

Internet: 1000mileman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 203-454-2754
Fax: 203-221-9195