BMI Cable Outage

Latest installment in the Perils of Ralph (re my plea for help an hour ago).
Before giving up and resigning myself to wait for a call to BMI in the
morning, I unplugged the cable receiver to try a second TV feed. I learned
that even without an input line the receiver continues to register "locked". I
also found that once plugged in again, and the diagnostics re-run, the BMI
feed came through fine.

My conclusion: just as rebooting (or at least exiting TS or Windows) will
clear up many PC problems, unplugging the cable receiver (and perhaps running
through again the "VBI Diagnostics Menu Tree") can banish cable reception
problems.

BMI covers many subjects in their phone set-up and in their Web site. But
nothing that I could find about reception troubleshooting. I'll make a
suggestion to them along these lines.

Ralph Love