Re: Cut off of DTN

Robert W Cummings wrote:

> <<...I feel because of that he will be too late when he finally does get TS5
> out or get internet access...>>

The problem I see with any new software now - especially an expensive piece of
software - is whether it's Y2K compliant.  The last time I spoke with Omega - I
asked whether the ancient version of SuperCharts that I run (v.2.x) was Y2K
compliant.  Tech support didn't have a clue.  Nor did it know whether current
software was Y2K compliant - or whether products planned for the near future
would be Y2K compliant.  So I'm staying put with my old software until I get
some answers.  Why buy a $2000 pig in a poke?

I'm sure Omega isn't unique here.  I'm sure that other vendors of charting
programs - and data for that matter - are dealing with this problem as
efficiently as most of the US government (which is to say that they're not
dealing with it at all).

BTW - this is the first message I've posted here.  If I did it wrong - please
let me know.  Robyn