Re: MRO Help ... the sequel

rod wheeler wrote:

> I am trying to write a ShowMe study using the MRO function which I think is
> the best way but I'm not sure.  Here's what I am trying to do.
>
> IF SlowD(10)>SlowD(10)[1] then plot the value of the MostRecentOccurence of
> a Higher High.
>
> IF SlowD(10)<SlowD(10)[1] then plot the value of the MostRecentOccurance of
> a Lower Low.

I've only started playing around with EL, so I'm not sure I'm the guy you want
answering this, but anyway...

Here's what I'd do.  You can combine your SlowD indicator with a Breakout of X
bar high (low).

Condition1=SlowD(10)>SlowD[1];
Input: Length(X); {the length you want the breakout to reference}
Condition2= CurrentBar> 1 and High > Highest(High, Length);
If MRO(Condition1,1,1)<>-1 Then C1Flag=1;
If MRO(Condition2,11)<>-1 Then C2Flag=1;
If C1Flag and C2Flag then Begin Plot1(High,"ShowMe");
End;

You can do the same thing with SlowD(10)<SlowD(10)[1] and Breakout of X bar
low, but it's probably simpler to start a new indicator.  What this *should* do
is give you X bar breakouts if and only if the Slow D is to your liking.  I
haven't tried this, but it should work.  The general idea is here anyway.  If
you want alerts on this, you'll have to write them in:  {If CheckAlert Then
Alert = TRUE;}, as well as enable them.  Good luck.

A.J.