Re: Real-time internet feeds and TS

Mark,

.....I
> most recently got a T-1 installed to run a stock data feed, which is
> SP Comstock and a Stock trading software by TAL which is part of the
> Chicago Project. Even with this slick commercial setup, I can watch
> BMI and SP Comstock and CQG all on Satellite beat the Quotes given
> over the T-1 All Day Long. I don't believe any thing by land line no
> matter how fast is ever going to beat satellite feed. Mark

Do you have any guess why this happens ? I don't know about the
Comstock T1 feed (I assume you mean 56kbps) but most other leased
line feeds were filtered - delivering only what you ordered. Perhaps
this takes too much time ?

Having said that it seems that high-end companies like Reuters now
take a hybrid approach to get their masses of data across and just
use the leased line for feedback. If I remember it correctly you
need a 56kbps, a 9.6kbps and a satellite link for the new Reuters
workstation.

Gerrit