Re: Real-time internet feeds and TS

There are at least two other issues to be considered on this subject --

Chris Cooper, owner of Quote.com recently commented in one of the trading
groups that there are sections of the Internet that are not available to
regular users, but are reserved for vendors that are specifically
transmitting data that is time-critical -- Quote.com is using this for their
new real-time service and it appears to be very fast and without down-time.
The cost for real-time quotes is only around $70 to $90- per month.  This
service is just one step away from somebody writing a Server that will allow
the quotes to be imported into TradeStation and Cooper claims that they're
already discussing this with Omega.

As far as down-time and not being able to dial onto the Net is concerned-- a
Cable Modem connection is live 24 hours per day --a phone line is not
needed-- and it transmits data at up to 10 Megabits/second or about 350
times the speed of a 28.8 modem-- the cost for a Cable connection to the Net
in my area is only $40/month, or twice the normal cost of a dial-up ISP
connection that is restricted to 33.3 or 56.6 Bps.

I think we're going to see fast, reliable, relatively cheap, internet
delivered quote streams in the not too distant future.