Re: EL Function Available?

At 7:53 AM -0800 12/31/97, DonC wrote:

>GetSymbolName works fine.  Be sure you are not qualifying the output with
>logic
>which always fails (i.e. "If So-and-so is True then Print (GetSymbolName,
>... );"
>when SO-and-SO is always false.)
>
>Also Mr. Brower pointed out that you need to use the File Append command with
>GetSymbolName.  This is not true.  GSN works with the Print statment.  And
>it is
>easier to use the Print Log than construct the File Append commands.  After
>debugging your code you can create the File Append.

I also use the GetSymbolName function in a print statement and it works
fine on symbols generated using end-of-day data or data on the history
CD-ROM.

There is no need to use the File Append command for simple cases. Just
"print" the print log to some simple character printer in your list of
printer drivers (I use the Epson LQ-200 driver) and direct the output to a
file. This gives you a text file that can be opened in a word processor or
Excel. Make sure you set the number of lines in the print log large enough
to contain all the lines you need to print. The limit is 750 lines (under
the TradeStation: Tools - Options - General menu item.)

You can include commas in the printed line to make it easier to delimit the
columns of data in Excel. It is also a good idea to begin and end each
printed line with a comma to separate the data from the occasional printer
control character that the printer driver inserts in the character stream.

Bob Fulks

--
Bob Fulks
bfulks@xxxxxxxxxxx