Re: Hashnums and Global Pro?

  • To: Jim Lovejoy <fastgroup@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Hashnums and Global Pro?
  • From: Bill Vedder <bved01@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 05:25:52 -0800 (PST)

Jim Lovejoy wrote:

> A few questions....
> With the caveat that the best source for answers to these questions is probably
Doug Deming since he sells both the GP and HN dlls, I'll answer what I can:

> 1.)  Is it correct to say that since the global variables in both DLLs are
> memory addresses that as soon as one system changes a global variable all
> the other systems see the change?

This sounds reasonable and it appears that this is in fact what happens. However,
I'm not a programmer so don't know.

> 2.    a.)  Concerning the 64kb work around,  When you are writing code and
> reach the 64kb limit does it link to a new file or do you just keep coding
> in the same file?

The way I've done it is to use the "IncludeSystem" statement in EL to link systems
together that individually, do not break the 64k barrier, but if programmed as one
system, would break it.

>         b.) If you link two files instead of just making one file bigger
> then 64kb, How do the files link?  Is it like a branch
>              statement or something similar.

To link the systems, use the "IncludeSystem" command. The systax is:
	IncludeSystem:"sysname",input1,input2,.....inputn;

where:  sysname of the included system
	input1 to inputn are the inputs to the sysname system.