Re: Future Source

I had a similar problem a while back with a major Data vendor who shall
remain nameless. They terminated service but claimed that a full years fees
were due-- this clause was apparently buried somewhere in the fine print of
their contract.  I filed a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau
in their hometown, claiming that they had terminated the service-- had no
intention to provide the data that they had originally agreed to-- but were
still billing me for services that I would never receive.

Once the BBB queried them on this strange practice, they sheepishly
retreated to their cave and quickly offered a full refund-- provided their
equipment was returned.  It seems that they were perfectly willing to
attempt to intimidate one user into paying for services that they would
never receive, but changed their tune when an outside observer with a little
bit of authority became involved.

It may take a few weeks and a couple of letters or faxes to get the result
you seek, but it is possible.  You can file a claim with the BBB on the Web.
Good Luck!

P.S. Be sure that you obtain and use an RMA number for the return of any
equipment and also make sure that you get a signature of the person
receiving the returned equipment. Keep a good record of any correspondence,
dates, and responses that you may receive. They will attempt to trip you up
at any turn of the road if possible.