Re: Future Source

Ian Frost wrote:

> The first surprise was the 1 year penalty for not notifying FS
> before the renewal date of the contract - read the fine print as they say.

I've never dealt with FS, but I can tell you that, regardless of what the
contract says, they cannot charge you more than the fees which would have been
paid over the remaining term of the contract.

> I returned from holiday to find a letter
> "Re billing for lost equipment.
> Further to your earlier cancellation please find enclosed an invoice
> relating to the equipment which has not being returned to FS"
>
> Does this seem fair - or even right since I was never contacted by FS.  Can
> they do this.

They can *bill* you for it, although your responsibility would be covered by
returning the merchandise in good condition.  What I'd do is inform them that
you are returning the gear to them COD, and get an RMA #.   This shouldn't be a
problem.

A.J. Carisse