Computer & mouse

Have a trading program thats dos based and I'm running it on an old 386 IBM
PC/1.
I have dos 6.1 and I have windows 3.1 as well. The mouse works fine in
windows but when I run the program in dos the windows for this program
requires a mouse but my mouse doesn't respond. Do I have to buy a new mouse
thats dos based and has the right drivers to run it are does the dos
version have some already there and I have to make a config.sys file for it.

Thanks

Robert