Re: MarketPosition

Pete,

After working with TS & EL for quite some time, I have concluded that there
are simply some things that don't make sense an cannot be explained -- the
MarketPosition anomaly was one that I discovered about 5 years ago and have
never been able to explain why it behaves differently than other EL variables.

I'm currently working on why a SELL STOP order produces an erroneous entry
price, no matter what entry value is fed to it -- I have been able to
demonstrate that TS erroneously fills a Short position 7/8 of a point (or,
$875 on 1000 shares) below  the price that the Market would have-- but
nobody has a clue why this happens or how it can be corrected.

I've run this problem by many people-- several on this list, including one
of the original TS/EL designers, and the Omega experts themselves, but --so
far-- nobody has been able to suggest an answer.  Unfortunately, this Bug
makes TS virtually worthless for System testing if reliable Entry Prices are
needed to determine the profitability of a Trading System over a period of
time.

Some things in TS appear to simply exist in the twilight zone and may never
be explained in the real-world...