Re: crazy keyboard

Randy Murphree wrote:

> I realize this is not a TS question as such, but is very
> much a problem that interrupts my trading frequently while
> running TS. I know someone in this informed group will know
> better than anyone else.
>
> The problem is:
>
> When running several programs sumultaneously, I start to
> type a message into my email program and the keys become
> "hotkeys". In other words, I type an "e" and the computer
> loads the "Windows Explorer". I type an "r" and the machine
> loads the "run" dialog window. I type an "S" and it loads
> something else. The only way out is to completely reboot,
> which has to wait until the end of the day. Is this a conflict
>  problem, a resources problem, or something else? Windows
> Resources meter looks OK. Is there a remedy? Machine is a
> 200 MMX, 64Ram. Starting to get POed!  Any suggestions will
> be appreciated.

A stuck keyboard "Alt" key could cause that.  It wouldn't have to be
physically stuck.  In fact, it probably isn't or rebooting the computer
wouldn't help.  However, it could be electronically latched and the keyboard
reset command that is sent when computers boot could be unlatching it.

Do you have another keyboard you can substitute as a test?

  -Bob Brickey
   Scientific Approaches
   sci@xxxxxxxxxx