crazy keyboard

Hi All:
I realize this is not a TS question as such, but is very much a problem
that interrupts my trading frequently while running TS. I know someone in
this informed group will know better than anyone else.

The problem is:

When running several programs sumultaneously, I start to type a message
into my email program and the keys become "hotkeys". In other words, I type
an "e" and the computer loads the "Windows Explorer". I type an "r" and the
machine loads the "run" dialog window. I type an "S" and it loads something
else. The only way out is to completely reboot, which has to wait until the
end of the day. Is this a conflict problem, a resources problem, or
something else? Windows Resources meter looks OK. Is there a remedy?
Machine is a 200 MMX, 64Ram. Starting to get POed!  Any suggestions will be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy Murphree