Programming Alerts In ELA

I've been reading this board for awhile now and I know we have some top
notch ELA programmers out there. I hope someone can help me out with
this.

I'm a S&P daytrader and I've written a "show me" that works just fine. I
would like to include an alert so if I'm on another page and the
condition triggers, it beeps. So I programmed "If CheckAlert then
Alert=true;".

My problem is when the conditions are met every tick on that bar
triggers the alert. On a 10 min S&P chart it drives me dingy. Is there a
way to program the alert to advise once when the condition is met and
them remain silent until the next bar and start watching for the
conditions again?

Thanks,

Bill