EL Question - Erroneous trade entry

I've seen other posting recently describing problems similar to mine.  I
have a system defined that has as one of the criteria that the
difference between the MACD and the MACD moving average must be less
than or equal to zero.  Using the formulas from the help file, the
condition is coded as follows:
 (MACD(close,5,30)-XAverage((MACD(Close,5,30)),30))<=0

When applied to the 3/98 Corn futures chart, an erroneous sell signal is
generated on 12/23/96 and 12/30/96.  The data in the Data Window shows
the following values for MADiff:
  12/23/96   0.14
  12/30/96   0.45

There are no negative values for MADiff within two days on either side
of these dates.
I'm using the built-in MACD indicator, but I also entered the above code
and it gives the
same values as the build in indicator.

I'm at a loss to explain why this is happening.  Any ideas?

Regards,
Glenn Crumpley