Re: Prophet EOD data

Guess I didn't explain myself very well.  The Prophet data download and
updating work fine.  The problem is to get SC/TS to read the metastock
data in chart form.  Using the example of cocoa, there is a directory
c:\prophet\major\cc that has all the cocoa contract months from 1970
thru 1999, these are individual contracts.  If I select "new chart" name
it "cocoa" which takes me to a setup screen where I select the directory
c:\prophet\major\cc.There a list that appears with all the cocoa
contract months.  I select say March 98.  On the "settings" page I click
"Universe" and here's where the problems begin.  The default is "stock"
"Circuit City", I can change it to "future" click "find" and it brings
up cocoa.  When I go to the charts I get "Cocoa" but if I change
contract months with the forward/backward icons,  the settings change
back to "Circuit City".  All the individual contract months are indeed
cocoa, but the settings are all for "Circuit City".  Visually looking at
all the charts you would never know it wasn't cocoa, in fact all the
headings are correct (Cocoa 9803, etc.) UNTIL you try to run a system
report, or anything else for that matter, the settings have changed back
to "Circuit City" on all contract months (even the one I changed to
"future"). Seems like there is no way to "lock" the settings in
"universe" without going to "format price data" and changing it manually
each and every time.

I am quite sure I am doing something wrong in SC/TS but can't figure it
out.  Sure is driving me nuts.

Someone must be using a data source "outside" of Omega and the
downloader that has gone thru this.  By the way, I switched from
DialData because the data was really bad.  I only have commodites (no
stocks or indexes).  Guess I should have given this more thought.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jim