Re: Prophet EOD data

To add to this thread, I have switched from Genesis to Pinnacle Data and have found their

EOD service and software satisfactory. Their standard service provides you continuous
futures only contracts rolled with their own proprietary, fully disclosed, method. It is
specific for each commodity and occurrs with the shift of volume from the current to the
next future contract. This appears to be the best time to roll as this is how I trade,
leaving
the contract when volume is exceeded by the next contract future. This may not be the
best roll time if you are analyzing specific time hits such as with Gann techniques.
Fortunately, their service gives you for "free" the individual contracts and
automatically appends to them with the normal evening update. There is also some dos
based data utilities that can specify your own custom roll dates and whether you wish "no
adjustment", "backwards adjustment" or "forward adjusted" continuous contracts. These can
be done individually or over the whole protfolio. You can change any of these settings
and build templates to duplicate them, rebuilding your continuous files at any time.
So far, I like the open architecture that their software affords, since it is dos. I have
no problems running any of it directly under win95 as a shortcut without going into dos
mode.
You have the choice of metastock (7 field, or less) or ASCII file architecture. The
updates will automatically append either or both.
I have not used this data in Tradestation but have in many other software for EOD.
Hope this helps,
See U
Tom
planeacres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ps: no affiliation, no benefits, customer only, satisfied so far.