RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MS V.10 EOD Intraday?

  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:24:24 -0800
  • From: "L.P. Carhartt" <lc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MS V.10 EOD Intraday?

I am coming in late on this conversation, but MetaStock EOD does intra-day charts just fine.  We use them all the time.  The key is the date field.  If MetaStock sees a date, it plots it whether or not it is EOD, intra-day, or, for that matter, tomorrow.  MetaStock uses the final date of the price file as the current day.  So the key is, to manipulate your price file so that it contains the OHLCV data you want as the current day.  Whatever the last day is in the file, what ever the data is, that is what will be displayed.  MetaStock will properly display your date as contained in your file also.

The ramifications of this are that you can not only display intra-day data, but also, project future dates into your MetaStock functions.

Good luck.

Best,

L. P. Carhartt
MasterDATA