[EquisMetaStock Group] MACD

  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:30:35 +0100
  • From: "Kees Takkenberg" <c.a.takkenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] MACD

 Hi to you all,

When I want to scan a turningpoint in e.g. a MACD ()  I do as follows:

Exploration notes

Col A:  MACD<0  { only MACD's <0)}

Col B:   MACD()>Ref(MACD(),-1)

Col C:   Ref(MACD(),-1)<Ref(MACD(),-2)

Filter :
colA=1
 AND
 colB=1
 AND
 colC=1

This is for the more skilled among you perhaps a bit simple, but it works for me.

My question is:

Sometimes the results of a scan are right but I want the values to have a bit more difference!

E.g. The result of a scan yesterday (end of day data) was IHI
The MACD-value (the custom MACD of Metastock) of IHI
 for 12/2/2010 was 0.217
for 11/2/2010  0.23371
for 10/2/2010  0.22490

So the values represent the above scan.
Difference between 0.217 and 0.23371=0.01671
Between 0.23371 and 0.22490 =0.00881

Those differences are so small that the MACD in those three days, plots like
one horizontal line.
( Sorry, it is not the plot that I want different. For when I zoom- in I think I will see a more diverse one!).
But I would like the values to have more difference!

So how can I change the formula to get only those items (stocks,ETF's or whatever) which have a greater difference when I scan?
Let's say a difference of about 0.1 or more?

Regards,

Kees.