[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Index & AD Line Divergence Indicator - Help

  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:37:36 -0000
  • From: pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Index & AD Line Divergence Indicator - Help

Tono,

There is a difference between the A/D Line and the A/D Index. Either way rising values of the advance/decline can be used to confirm the likelihood that an upward trend will continue. If the market is up but there are more declining issues than advancing ones, it's usually a sign that the market is losing its breadth and may be getting ready to change direction.

I'm not the one to be asking about divergence.

As far as the zig zag goes, it is not a reliable indicator because of the variation in its last leg.

Looking at the pic that you sent March of 2009 was ready for a breakout. The A/D couldn't go much lower and the index prices were consolidating. It sounds like you have several partners. What were their thoughts?

You should also look for other indicators that you could use on the index.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tono <tonmdn@xxx> wrote:

> Dear Preston,
>
> Thanks for your valuable insight.
>
> How about using a percentage as a threshold in identify the divergence ie : 5% ,10 % and so on according to the historical volatility of the index. the same principle as used in zig zag or elliot wave system?
>
> What do you think about that idea?
>
> After all, we use this indicator for a first screening, we will look into the chart and other indicator for further confirmation.
>

> Thanks again
>

> Tono

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional