Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Tillson's T's

Ross,

Yes Ross, Uncle Steve is indeed me.  I should of used Grandad Steve (nine grandkids and counting).  When I hosted a chat room for a number of years, I used the "Uncle Steve" moniker.

The T3 is a name assigned to Tim's ema.  To avoid confusion, I named the same formula, with different "time periods", T5, T8, etc.  It still causes confusion.  Maybe a better way of stating it would be T3(3), T3(5), T3(8)...but, I've found that only further confuses the matter.  All one has to do is replace the "3's" in the formula with the desired number of periods that suits your analysis.  I like to build a template of the T3, T5, and T8.  Assigning different colors and thicknesses to each helps distinguish them on the chart.

For my money, and it is at risk daily, the T8 is my preferred short-term trend indicator.  Keep in mind:  Tim uses .7 in all the places that I have .618.  You can compare the difference and it means very little in the formula.  I'm a fibonacci guy.

Unlike others, I think there is a lot of money to be made in non-trending markets.  To takc advantage of these situations, I daytrade issues.  After all, they are non-trending and there is no reason to think that holding on to them would increase profit potential.  I like to build "bands" of the T3 highs and T3 lows; then, compare the opening to the bands.  Excursions outside of the bands dictate a position (which is put on as soon as the opening is posted).  I exit all positions on the close.  I've never been a huge fan of daytrading, but the returns in choppy, volative markets have turned my head.  Most of my trading has been classic swing trading.  Below is the T8 formula:

{T8}
e1:=Mov(C,8,E);
e2:=Mov(e1,8,E);
e3:=Mov(e2,8,E);
e4:=Mov(e3,8,E);
e5:=Mov(e4,8,E);
e6:=Mov(e5,8,E);
c1:=-.618*.618*.618;
c2:=3*.618*.618+3*.618*.618*.618;
c3:=-6*.618*.618-3*.618-3*.618*.618*.618;
c4:=1+3*.618+.618*.618*.618+3*.618*.618;
c1*e6+c2*e5+c3*e4+c4*e3;

Take care,

Steve