[EquisMetaStock Group] Tillson's T's

Hi Steve,

I am familiar with Tillson's T3 and I share your (previously) stated
preference for T3.
I am not familiar with T8.
Assuming this wasn't a misprint (I searched the web for Tillson's T8
and found an article by "Uncle Steve" -- you??), could you give us
references and/or formulas for T8?

Ross

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve Karnish <skeeter47@xxx>
wrote:

> Big Papa,
>
> The problem with divergence(s) is that you never know "how much" is
divergence.  Sure, many times we all see a market making new highs
while an oscillator has started it's downward slide.  But, at what
point is there too much divergence?  One of the pet peeves are
educators that claim you can trade divergences (as if a light goes
when the divergence spreads to a certain distance).

> Later this month, I plan on giving a Equis seminar (or better put:
Equis is planning on a web seminar that I will be hosting on the 26th
of January).  I've decided to review the 2008 mechanical approaches I
favor (concentrating on the DIA).  I will be featuring the StoRSI,
the CMO3 and the SEO.  First I will show results without a trend
filter.  Secondly, I will feature the oscillators with a trend
indentifier (in the seminar I will be using the T8...Tillson's ema).
Finally, I will show results of the three oscillators, the trend
filter and an alternative exit strategy (Standard Error Band).

> Considering how crazy the markets have been this year, these simple
approaches have extracted considerable profits.  There are some easy
ways to identify the best prospects for these mechanical setups.
Simply pick some default triggers (i.e., +90/-90 for the CMO3) and
run a test on all the S&P 500.  In little time, you should be able to
zero in on stocks that are bouncing to a regular beat.  In the
seminar, I will identify the most likely suspects (the issues that
have continually produced returns).  Some will outperform the 2008
stats; some will not perform as well; and of course, many will
continue at their 2008 pace.

> As we get closer to the seminar date, I will share more information
about the approaches.  It is the same work that I've been doing for
the past dozen or so years.  It's simple stuff.

> Happy New Year to one and all,
>
> Steve

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional