[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: backdoor trojan alert

Hello Wallace,

I use MailWasher Pro also. Since it keeps the emails on the server and
doesn't download them to our machines, I have better luck keeping
virus, trojans and other malware off my machine. I guess the trojan
downloaded through mail washer, and mail washer's own virus programs
didn't catch it. That's depressing.

I read the mail from this site on the site so I don't have to open
them in an account. That keeps any malware from this group, and my
other yahoo groups, off my machine.

Looks like more vigilance is needed with MailWasher Pro.

Super

You can also get hijackthis and other virus, trojan and malware tools
at majorgeeks.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vistor09" <sace@xxx> wrote:

> hi guys and gals, although i use MailWasher and thought i could read
> emails without getting hit by a virus etc, one got through in one of
> the emails from 'pumrysh' or 'Alvin Yu' - only ones i previewed
>
> the trojan is ' mail.fucuzzy ' an old dialer; it 'dissappeared' the
> C:\Programs files from the folder and immediately tried to get on the
> web - denied
>
> i have HijackThis installed and after re-starting the computer it listed
> 3 or 4 items related to the trojan that it was able to ' Fix ', all is
> well
> http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis
>

> otherwise, all the best for you in 2009
>
> Wallace