[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Formula Help

Manish,

A couple of points to help you.

As always, when getting started using a new product, be sure to read
the manual. If you don't have one check the FILES section for a copy.

Next, consider the work of those which have come before you. Do this
by checking the LINKS section for formula sites. You will find some
of the best around.

So lets consider your request. The term DMA could be a shortened
version of DEMA. DEMA is an acronym that stands for Double
Exponential Moving Average. DMA could also stand for days moving
average but it is normally expressed as a 18 SMA for an 18 day Simple
Moving Average.

There are six different types of moving averages:  simple(SMA),
exponential(EMA), time series, triangular, variable, and weighted.
There is also a DEMA as I have pointed out, a Triple Exponential
Moving Average or TEMA, and a Wilders. There are others but that is
the basics.

Let's use the 18 SMA and develop a simple system.

{parameters}
A:= Close;
18SMA:= Mov(A,18,simple);
50SMA:= Mov(A,50,simple);

{BUY}
Buyone:= 18SMA > 50SMA and A > 18SMA;
Exitbuy:= 18SMA > 50SMA and A < 18SMA;

{SELL}
Sellone:= 18SMA < 50SMA and A < 18SMA;
Exitsell:= 18SMA < 50SMA and A > 18SMA;

I am not familiar with Scot Lowry's book but think you will find
similar work done by Daryl Guppy and his multiple moving average
system.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Manish Mehta <mimehta1506@xxx>
wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> Earlier also I have mailed for following 3 Moving Average [ 5-18-50
Days] techniques in Meta stock formula
> suggestion .
>
> 01. When 18 DMA cuts 50 DMA and price goes above 18 DMA and again
it come inside 18 DMA and buy signal will be generated only again
price goes above 18 DMA.

> 02. Reverse  for sell signal.
>
> 03. When all the three MA cross simultaneously and then price comes
below 18 DMa and Buying signal will be generated when price goes
above 18 DMA.

> The above technique is of Mr. Scot Lowry in his book MAGIC OF
MOVING AVERAGE.

> pLS HELP ME IN CASE ANY FORMULA CAN BE SET.
>
> WITH REGARDS
>
> MANISH MEHTA

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

<*> Your email settings: