[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Joe Dinapoli's Detrended Price Oscillator

Alvin,

Try this:

X:=Input("Periods",1,100,20);
DPO(X)*100

The DPO is a built-in metastock indicator. It can be found in the
dropdown indicator list.

The one I wrote above multiplies the results by 100 which changes the
result from decimals to whole numbers.

Since I do not have your other program to reference I have no idea
what is going on. To tell which is pointed in the right direction,
look at the last couple of data bars on the chart. If it is up then
the direction should be up.

Finally, look very closely at the last couple of bars on the chart
and the indicator. This is called the hard right edge. You should NOT
see any data for the indicator on the last 4 bars in your case since
you are using a lookback of 7. This is because the DPO uses a forward
reference.

Many years ago when I first started using Metastock I ran system test
on every indicator in the software. I thought the DPO was a big
winner and that I had found "The Holy Grail". Then I realized that
there were a number of faults with its use. The forward reference was
one and the number of trades was the other. You will not make money
if you are having to pay your broker and the DPO had me paying him
just about every other day.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "alvinyu2005"
<alvinyu2005@xxx> wrote:

> HiPumrysh
>
>  I tried the formula Close-Ref( Mov(Close, 7, Simple),4.5) and
found
> the followings:
>   1) The Y-axis is not the +/- 100% but in decimal points
>   2)The graph should be positive pointing up (used other program to
> cross reference) buy mine is negative and point downward.
>
>   Can u help again ?
> rgds
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > http://trader.online.pl/MSZ/e-w-Detrended_Price_Oscillator.html
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "alvinyu2005"
<alvinyu2005@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > > May I know is there a site I can get this formula written for
> > > Metastock ? I tried the following but the result seem  not
> correct :
> > >
> > > Close-Ref( Mov(Close, X, Simple ), T)
> > >
> > > I used X=14 and T=7
> > >
> > > rgds