Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Layout in Metastock 10.0

Thanks for your help.

----- Original Message -----

From: smpretor

To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:47:44 +0000 (UTC)

Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Layout in Metastock 10.0

I had the message below saved. It should solve your problem. Not sure

which group it was from.

Stuart

Message: 7

   Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:44:57 -0000

   From: "hayseedville" <hayseed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: Multiple templates per stock

hey roy..... couple thoughts here....

once you  get the charts as you like them, under 'file', choose

use 'new', then choose 'layout', then choose 'add all' , then

click 'ok'....... now go back to file and choose 'save as', type in

your file name but make sure your save as type says layout not

template....

one more thing to do..... go to 'tools', then choose 'options', then

choose 'chart options'..... where it says change security,  check

the boxes saying use chart as template, keep all line studies and

change all charts in layout..... all 3.....

now  its saved.... if your looking at that layout and want to change

to another stock,  just type the ticker of the next stock .... the

change security box will come up as you type, click 'ok' and all

charts should change to the new ticker.....

all time frames and  indicators will stay in place along with any

experts you have attached, only the ticker changes....

a large variety of  layouts is labor saving, esp if you use

multiple  periods, 5, 15, 30minute, indicators and  experts.....h

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, manahang@xxx wrote:

> I am trying to create a layut with multiple charts and multiple time

frames and then save this as a template.  Every time I bring this back

up the charts are not displayed in the same order that I had

originally saved them and when I apply this to another ETF the

multiple time frames revert back to daily data.  Help please?  thanks.

> CBM