[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Tops and bottoms in MACD

We are?

Jan the stochastic yields results with a value from 0 to 100. At a
value of 30 or less we are considered to be oversold. At a value of
70 or more we are considered to be overbought. I'm not sure what you
mean by a direction coefficient since it is actually part of the
indicator.

If want to watch daily movement you could use something like:
Sto:= (Sum( C - LLV(L,5), 3 ) / Sum(HHV(H,5) - LLV(L,5), 3) ) * 100;
If(sto > Ref(sto,-1),1,
If(sto < Ref(sto,-1),-1,0));

This gives you a value of one on up days and negative one on down
days.

You might do better to use a moving average of the stochastic.

Your request sounds very much like a school project. If so you might
do better to present the original problem to us rather than batch
something together that would result in a failing grade.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "j.geenen" <j.geenen@xxx>
wrote:

> Preston
>
> We are close to the problem now with your solution but I have
another
> question: Is it possible to give the indicator an direction
> coefficient so I can see if it goes up or down?
>
> Regards Jan
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Jan,
> >
> > The MACD is the difference between two moving averages usually a
12
> > and 26. The Moving Average Convergence/Divergence indicator
(MACD)
> is
> > calculated by subtracting the value of a 0.075 (26-period)
> > exponential moving average from a 0.15 (12-period) exponential
> moving
> > average.  A 9-period dotted exponential moving average
(the "signal
> > line") is automatically displayed on top of the MACD indicator
line.

> > The ROC(rate of change) is a measure of todays value (usually the
> > close) to a value sometime in the past.
> >
> > Measuring a top or bottom in a MACD is not going to be very
useful.

> > If you are looking for a top or bottom a stochastic is going to
be
> > better choice. The following formula calculates a 5-period %K
> > Stochastic Oscillator with 3-period slowing:
> > (sum( C - llv(L,5), 3 ) / sum(hhv(H,5) - llv(L,5), 3) ) * 100
> >
> > Notice that HHV and LLV...tops and bottoms are already part of
the
> > calculation.
> >

> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "j.geenen" <j.geenen@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > Measuring MACD Tops and Bottoms with ROC is too noisy, is there
> > another
> > > way in MS to calculate or program this?
> > >
> > > Regards Jan
> > >
> > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "j.geenen" <j.geenen@>