[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Start date of Securities

The S&P 500 back to 1980, or when the company became listed under it's
present name, takes up 80 MB's approximately.

I keep history on all indexes, mutual funds, closed end funds, all
stocks on each exchange and all stocks in four different sector
classifications including the Dow Sectors, Fidelity sectors, Value
Line Sectors, and Profund Sectors all the way back to 1980 or the
listing date. That takes about 6 Gigs.

I could make good use of the indices and a lot of stock history back
to 1930, so I'm looking for more data.

I don't use smart charts so that storage goes away. For me, it's not
the storage issues. It's the time it takes to maintain the lists and
the testing logistics with data that far back. It's all in what you
make of it. That's the real issue for me.

If you want to change first date on current history you have to that
in the downloader with the adjust first date function. Just read the
help pages. It's easy and clear. When you input a new security into
history, you set the first date then.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Big Papa" <denver69692002@xxx>
wrote:

> The first date of all of my securities is 1/2/2001. I saw Equis says
> you can download information all the way back to 1980.
>
> Anybody have any idea of how many MBs that may be worth?
> I also see that my charts only go back to about mid 2006. How would I
> change the setting to show it all, or do I want to?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Big Papa

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional