Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 3:42 PM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Downloader shuts down

Until recently I was able to convert Excel files to Metastock format
with no problem. Now when I open Downloader, from within Metastock,
and try to convert data Downloader will run up to the point where the
box comes on the screen showing the # of files converted (0) and then
shuts down. No files are converted, Downloader closes, and I'm left
with only the Metastock program running.

I have deleted and re-installed Metastock and Downloader three times.
I've also run CCleaner to clean out Windows Registry entries. I'm
missing something though. After re-installing the program I try the
Downloader and when asked for the name of the file to convert and the
path to the directory for the converted data the information is pre-
filled in the request box. It looks like I've missed some items when
trying to delete Metastock and Downloader. I ran Windows Explorer
after uninstalling and can find no bits or pieces containing the words
Equis, Metastock, or Downloader.

I'm running an old version, 7.0, of Metastock on an XP desktop.

Has anyone had Downloader stop dead in it's tracks and then just shut
down when trying to convert data? Also, does anyone know of some
obscure corner of a system that would contain files missed during
uninstall? If anyone has any ideas I sure would appreciate hearing
them.

Bart

http://www.eset.com