[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Need guidance in Building formula

Vishal,

Try this one and see if its anything close to what you are looking
for.

This is how it works.
You would like to show the MACD and its trigger for 30 days but
restrict that to a period of 10 days ago.

{Restricted Display v2.0}
{Written by Preston Umrysh}
{Correctly Displays an indicator for a specified period of time}

DisPds:=Input("Select Display Periods",1,1111,30);
BackPds:=Input("Select Setback Periods",0,1111,10);

{Indicator} {Place your indicator/s here}
Ind:=MACD();
Ind2:=Mov(Macd(),9,E);

{Restricted Display}
ResPds:= Alert(BarsSince(Cum(1)=LastValue(Cum(1)-
(DisPds+BackPds))=1),1);
Plot:=ValueWhen(1,ResPds,Ref(Ref(Ind,-BackPds),BackPds));
Plot2:=ValueWhen(1,ResPds,Ref(Ref(Ind2,-BackPds),BackPds));

Plot; Plot2; {end}

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Vishal Mehta
<metastocktrader@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>     As i am new to programming i was not able to explain in proper
language but thanks for persistnace approach to understand my
recqruiements
> I will try one more time.
>
> 1) i want stop calculation of MACD , Stochastic or any indicator
for the date i specify

> lets understand again with the example
> 1) Say for example i was looking for MACD in my chart .
> Today is 02-oct-08 but i dont want to see macd in my chart uptill
today (i.e 02-0ct-08)
> 2) i give a perticualr date say 23-september-08 . I want to see
MACD till that date not till today.

> Thanks a lofr your uneneding support.
> Regards,
> Vishal Mehta

MACD
> Trigger or when the trigger is "greater" than the MACD ?
>
> 2. Do you want a display of the buy signal to appear between the
> first and second dates
>
> or
>
> Do want the signal for 1-april-08 to appear on 30-sep-08 ?
>
> There are literally dozens of formulas that may fit your request in
> our archives. The problem that I have is choosing exactly what you
> want.
>
> Preston
>
> --- In equismetastock@ yahoogroups. com, Vishal Mehta
> <metastocktrader@ ...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >     I was very happy to get your reply , and i must say you are
one
> of the best contributer for the yahoo groups. Thanks a lot for the
> contineous update from side.
> >     I really liked the solution but i was unable to find the
> solution for which fucntion should i use which will stop
calculating
> the indicator after certain date
> >
> > Consider to day is 30-sep-08 but i want to stop calculation of
> perticular indicator till
> > 1-april-08 , how do i do that.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional