[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: total intraday volume

Hi.

Shouldn't Cum(V) be independent from a time frame?
Cum(V) on a 5 min chart gives a complete diferent result if applied
on a 30 min chart.

This way it's a bit dificult to managed any kind of volume indicator
based on a intraday data.

Regards,
Fernando

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "p_panther_73" <mchantzi@xxx>
wrote:

> Well, when you calculate cum(v) and then take its value when you
> have a new day and subtract, you are actually getting the traded
> volume for all day long MINUS the volume of the bar where the
change
> of day happened. Thus and in order to get the cum(v) for the
> previous day, you simply use the ref(cum(v),-1).
>
> Regards,
>
> mc
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fernando Santos"
> <ptc_man3@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi mc.
> >
> > Can you add a comment to the correction you've made? I'm the
newbie
> > guy regarding MSFL.
> >
> > The result skewed the results of the indicator.
> > Basically I'm plotting the ES overnight total volume session and
> the
> > alteration you've made forced the indicator to plot also the
> regular
> > market hour volume.
> >
> > thanks
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "p_panther_73" <mchantzi@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Roy is right about the cum limitations.
> > > But just in case you still want to use it, you should probably
> perform
> > > the following correction:
> > >
> > > Cum(V)-ValueWhen(1,newday,ref(Cum(V),-1))
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > mc
> > >
> > > P.S. Roy I'm a newbie here, didn't know about your health
> problem.
> > > Wish you the very best.
> > >
> > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Roy Larsen" <rlarsen@>

> op.

> do so
> > > because of MetaStock's inability to keep large values of Cum(V)
> > > accurate. If the Cum(V) value stays below 6-7 significant
digits
> then
> > > it should be OK. Otherwise, expect the numbers to be off toward
> the
> > > right side of the chart, but probably still close enough to be
> useful.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: