[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Short side Trailing Stop

Ed,

I actually like your thought process and would love to see the
bullish version. It might also help me to see the error.

About the OS. If you take a value of 30 and subtract the index from
it you will end up with a number that is less that zero most of the
time. This my be part of the problem.

We'll get it figured out.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edmund Woltynski" <edwol@xxx>
wrote:

> Preston
>
> This is just an indicator not a system to be displayed on a chart.
So
> trading rules are a separate issue and relate to how you wish to
use any
> trailing stop.
> The indicator applied to bar that say at the start of a down trend
> historically (eg input date) should show get eventually closer to
the top of
> the bar depending on the value of the expression above ie stop.
>
> Everything works correctly except for the BearStop expression. For
example
> Plotting a binary say "Stop<PREV AND Stop< InitStop,Stop" in a down
trend
> always gives a value of zero and yet "Stop" is non-zero and also
> diminishing. For some reason these Boolean expressions seem to not
evaluate
> remaining zero at all times regardless of Stop & InitStop values.
>
> The converse indicator i.e. reverse the operators (eg Stop<PREV AND
Stop<
> InitStop,Stop to Stop>PREV AND Stop> InitStop,Stop etc and replace
HIGH with
> LOW throughout the indicator and change OS) works correctly on the
long
> side, the trailing stop moves in steps upwards until it hugs the
LOWs.

> It seems to me that there is something peculiar in the way PREV
works.

> Ed

Yr=Year
> ());
> >
> > InitStop:=Input("Initial Stop",0,100000,1.52);
> >
> > Index := 100-(100/(1+( PDI(21)/ MDI(21)+0.0001)));
> > OS:=30-Index;
> >
> > Bearish:= CLOSE-(CLOSE*(OS/100));
> > Stop:= If(Bearish>=CLOSE,HIGH +(Bearish-CLOSE),HIGH);
> >
> > BearStop :=
> > If(Stop<PREV AND Stop< InitStop,Stop,
> > If(Stop<PREV AND Stop> InitStop, InitStop,
> > If(Stop>=PREV,PREV,Stop*Holdingdays)));
> >
> > {Plot} Bearstop;
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Ed