RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Short side Trailing Stop

Preston

This is just an indicator not a system to be displayed on a chart. So trading rules are a separate issue and relate to how you wish to use any trailing stop.

The indicator applied to bar that say at the start of a down trend historically (eg input date) should show get eventually closer to the top of the bar depending on the value of the _expression_ above ie stop.

Everything works correctly except for the BearStop _expression_. For example Plotting a binary say “Stop<PREV AND Stop< InitStop,Stop” in a down trend always gives a value of zero and yet “Stop” is non-zero and also diminishing. For some reason these Boolean expressions seem to not evaluate remaining zero at all times regardless of Stop & InitStop values.

The converse indicator i.e. reverse the operators (eg Stop<PREV AND Stop< InitStop,Stop to Stop>PREV AND Stop> InitStop,Stop etc and replace HIGH with LOW throughout the indicator and change OS) works correctly on the long side, the trailing stop moves in steps upwards until it hugs the LOWs.

It seems to me that there is something peculiar in the way PREV works.

Ed