Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Optimising A Value In The System Tester

Thanks, Roy. I had a dim and distant memory of such a solution so that has prompted me to look back at my MSTTs.

Welcome back!

Regards,
Kevin

At 22:52 16/08/2008 Saturday, you wrote:

Hi Kevin

The May 2005 issue of MSTT had an article called "Optimization Outside The EST" that should explain what you need to do. The concept is based around saving each OPT value as a GV (global var) variable at the beginning of the Buy Order window, and this enables an external or custom formula (or formulas) to use the same OPT values as code internal to the EST. As the EST advances an OPT value that value is immediately made available to the external formula by way of the GV DLL.

You'll need to make some small changes to your custom formulas but these should be fairly obvious if you have a good handle on the basic concept and the serial nature of MetaStock processing. Let me know if you need further help.

Regards

Roy

http://www.eset.com