[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: mswin has encountered an error and needs to close

You've probably got a corrupted template. Delete the template and
rebuild it. You can't fix it. Sometimes a indicator formula can be
corrupted and causes the template to default. Reinstalling MS doesn't
fix this because it keeps the corrupted templates.

Other reasons for MS win errors include hyperthreading being left on,
disruptions in the data flow and MS win can't catch up, too many
calculations required by the template, errors in the upper memory
caused by video card swapping data, acceleration turned on in the
video card, and a few other things. There are many reason MS win can
pull the plug.

The most likely cause is the corrupted template. Start from there.

You should have upgraded to v9.x or higher. There were a lot of bugs
in 8.X. Good luck.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pennellp2000 <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> I am getting the above error code when using Metastock. I will open a
> chart, apply a template, then try to expand out the chart. This is
> when I get the code and Metastock closes. Sometimes I can click
> through several charts before getting closed out. I am using Metastock
> V8.01 and Windows XP. The fault started several months ago. I have
> deleted an reinstalled MS, no good. The fault started several months
> ago, I think after a Windows update. Any suggestions?
>
>   Thanks in advance  Phill

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: