Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] To count total number of securities which are above 10 days moving average

Well actually it can be down, though time consuming
You have to write a lot of formulas, each containing something like
this:

a1:=security("write security's name here",c);
a2:=...................;
.;
.;
a10:=..................;
a1>mov(a1,10,s)+a2>mov(a2,10,s)+..+a10>mov(a10,10,s)

You name this formula for e.g. "above sma10 nr1"

Then you create more and more and finally you get the sum in a new
formula name it for e.g. "above sma10 all" containing

fml("above sma10 nr1")+fml("above sma10 nr2)+...

But,  very time consuming

Have a nice weekend
--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "L.P. Carhartt" <lc@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> I don't think you can do in MetaStock as is.  The way I do similar
> calculations is to do them in Excel or other code outside of
MetaStock and