From: arun103 <arun103@xxxxxxxxx>
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:31:08 AM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Are Linear Regression Indicator and Modified Moving Average same Indicators

Am I doing something wrong? Have I made a mistake somewhere?

I plotted a 5-period Linear Regression Indicator of Closing Price {
LinearReg(C, 5) } and then plotted a 5-period Modified Moving Average
of Close and they plot exactly alike, showing the same values on the
bar. 5-period Modified Moving Average of Close formula is as under:

{ n:=5;
tn:=Mov(C,n, S);
s1:=((n-1)/2) *C + ((n-3)/2)*Ref( C,-1) + ((n-5)/2)*Ref( C,-2)
+ ((n-7)/2)*Ref( C,-3) + ((n-9)/2)*Ref( C,-4);
y:=tn+(6*s1) /((n+1)*n) ;
y }

The same is the case with 10-period or any other period. Are they
the same indicators?

Regards

aksh