[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Addtional filter needed

Holy cow. Thanks, you saved me a ton. Where do I send the
consultancy fee? I did try the ZigZag Validity, but had problems
with the ZigZagSum where you add up 5 ZigZags. After a while, I got
so confused, I was zigging, the stock was zagging.

Ok, here goes another one:

It might be a bit sophomoric, but a good start for me:

Buy:
MACD() > Mov( MACD(), 9, EXPONENTIAL) And RVI(30)>50
Sell:
MACD() < Mov( MACD(), 9, EXPONENTIAL) And RVI(30)<50

The thing I have found in bactesting is it tends to ride the
declining stock down and keep taking trades that get stopped.
So, I think I need a longer term trend indicator. I was thinking a
MA of 200 or 50, but it seems if I throw that in, it relies too much
on moving averages with a EMA and the MACD. Perhaps a volume based
indicator would be best. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Big Papa

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Big Papa,
>
> You optimized a peak and trough?
>
> Before you go any farther with this check out what metastock says
> about peak and troughs. You will find that they are based on the
> zigzag indicator which is dynamic. Simply means that you may have
> signal today and not tomorrow. It unrealistic to trade this as is.
>
> All that being said, Spyros Raftopoulos found that if he verified
the
> turns he was indeed able to use the zig type indicators. The
drawback
> is giving up time.
>
> If you look in the files section you will see his indicators under
> Zigzag. I believe the files explains how he used them. You could
also
> look on the internet by googling his name and finally check with
TASC
> somewhere around 2002 for the articles that he wrote.
>

> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Big Papa"
> <denver69692002@> wrote:
> >
> > Have a system I have found, then optimized:
> >
> > Explorer:
> > Buy-
> > TroughBars(1,MACD(),XXX)=1
> > AND
> > Filter
> > C>2 AND V>1000
> >
> > Sell-
> > PeakBars(1,MACD(),XXX)=1
> >
> > Any idea of an additional filter to use?
> >
> > Thanks.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: