[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Triple Moving Average Crossover

Umesh,

Confluence is not a term typically used in technical analysis. Did
you by chance mean convergence?

AW

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Umesh Malhotra"
<mtranscriptionist@xxx> wrote:

> HI!!
>
> I have been following this post regularly and an idea came to my
mind about which I have a doubt.

> Will this exploration also works as confluence exploration?
>
> Please guide me, I'm new to MS programing.
>
> thanx
>
> umesh

Crossover

<mass54thcob@>
> [...]
>   > > > An explorer based on his ideas can be found at:
>   > > >
>   > > > http://trader.online.pl/MSZ/e-ex-
>   > > > Guppy_Multiple_Moving_Average_Exploration.html
>   > > >
>   > > >
>   > > > Notice that the exploration uses column D for the present
value
>   > > and
>   > > > column E for yesterdays.
>   > > > The exploration then specifically looks for a less than
zero
>   > value
>   > > > for yesterday and a greater than zero value for today. I
would
>   > > also
>   > > > point out that the exploration uses oscillators but the
idea is
>   > > still
>   > > > the same using moving averages.
>   > > >
>   > > >
>   > > > The cross function is pretty straight forward.
>   > > > ColumnD: AB/CROSS
>   > > > Cross(Mov(CLOSE,8,E),Mov(CLOSE,13,E));
>   > > >
>   > > > Finally there is the barssince function which will tell you
how
>   > > many
>   > > > bars have elapsed since the event:
>   > > > ColumnD: B/Since
>   > > > BarsSince(Cross(Mov(CLOSE,8,E),Mov(CLOSE,13,E)));
>   > > >
>   > > > Hope this helps,
>   > > >
>   > > > Preston
>   > > >
>   > > >
>   > > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cherotree1"
>   > <mass54thcob@>
>   > > > wrote:
>   > > > >
>   > > > > I am using the following code to identify securities in
which
>   2
>   > > > > shorter term moving averages are above a longer term
moving
>   > > average:
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Col A MOV-8: mov(c,8,e)
>   > > > > Col B MOV-13: mov(c,13,e)
>   > > > > Col C MOV-21: mov(c,21,e)
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Filter:
>   > > > > colA>colB AND colB>colC
>   > > > >
>   > > > >
>   > > > > The above code DOES give me a list of ALL securities
which
>   meet
>   > > > that
>   > > > > criteria (including columns with the various moving
averages
>   > > > > printed) but I was attempting to include code which will
>   > > identify
>   > > > > these securities WHEN they first meet that criteria (a
>   > > crossover).
>   > > > > Any suggestions on how I would program this into the

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)