[EquisMetaStock Group] Big's HHV Needs help

Big,

Here's a formula I've tested and written about for Roy's newsletter. I
think it will give you what you're looking for. You can tweak the
parameters a bit but I don't think optimization really brings much to
this party.

V1:=Mov(V,90,S);
V2:=Mov(V,5,S);
VBuy:=If(V2>V1*1.5,1,0);

H1:=If(H>=HHV(H,60),1,0);

H1>0 and VBuy>0

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Big Papa,
>
> Had some time to review and play with your exploration formula.
>
> Here's what I'm seeing.
>
> There are two important factors being explored here.
>
> First, the HHV is acting as a trailing stop/indicator. Using the
> lookback period of 260 will keep you out of consolidation and whipsaw
> markets but has the drawback of getting you into a trade late.
> Realize  that 260 periods would encompass the highs of over a years
> period of time. Several changes that you could consider would be to
> shorten the lookbacks or use either a moving average or ATR based
> indicator here.
>
> Second, volume is a fickled lady. I am somewhat skeptical that it is
> ever reported accurately. We also seldom know for sure whether its
> buying volume or selling volume. In your case the exploration is
> turning up more selling volume than buying. This is probably due to
> the restriction that the HHV is putting on it. By using the single
> day volume in comparison to its moving average you are seeing more
> spikes which can also be throwing off your exploration. You may want
> to consider using short term moving averages of volume instead.
> Something like:
> Mov(V,5,S) > Mov(Mov(V,5,S),5,S)
>

> Hope this helps,
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Big,
> >
> > PDO is one of those that you would like to find especially if you
> > could find it in April and sell it in May and before it tanked on
> the
> > 22nd.
> >
> > What I noticed was that it fell into a trend, albeit a short one.
> >
> > Question is how to do that and not to catch the ones that are
> highly
> > volatile and tank the next day.
> >
> > Several things I would play with. The HHV has a 260 period
> lookback.
> > I would probably shorten that. I would probably up the initial
> stock
> > price as well. $2 stocks are usualy being played/manipulated by the
> > hucksters, so I would probably bump that number to $10.
> >
> > A good trend filter would also be nice to include. Several come to
> > mind. Obviously the idea is going to be to jump on the trade early
> > rather than late. Let me play with a few and see what looks good.
> >
> > Finally, you are going to need a very good trailing stop. I think
> > Andy just mentioned a good one but there are others.
> >
> > Will get back to you with more in a bit.
> >

> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Big Papa"
> > <denver69692002@> wrote:
> > >
> > > What I have found is that the stock will behave wildly one way or
> > > the other, right after it is found in the exploration.
> > >
> > > For instance, it caught PDO around Mid May around $14.85 before
> it
> > > took off to 15.74 the next day, $22.85 on day 3, etc.

> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)