[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Need help

Big Papa,

Had some time to review and play with your exploration formula.

Here's what I'm seeing.

There are two important factors being explored here.

First, the HHV is acting as a trailing stop/indicator. Using the
lookback period of 260 will keep you out of consolidation and whipsaw
markets but has the drawback of getting you into a trade late.
Realize  that 260 periods would encompass the highs of over a years
period of time. Several changes that you could consider would be to
shorten the lookbacks or use either a moving average or ATR based
indicator here.

Second, volume is a fickled lady. I am somewhat skeptical that it is
ever reported accurately. We also seldom know for sure whether its
buying volume or selling volume. In your case the exploration is
turning up more selling volume than buying. This is probably due to
the restriction that the HHV is putting on it. By using the single
day volume in comparison to its moving average you are seeing more
spikes which can also be throwing off your exploration. You may want
to consider using short term moving averages of volume instead.
Something like:
Mov(V,5,S) > Mov(Mov(V,5,S),5,S)

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Big,
>
> PDO is one of those that you would like to find especially if you
> could find it in April and sell it in May and before it tanked on
the
> 22nd.
>
> What I noticed was that it fell into a trend, albeit a short one.
>
> Question is how to do that and not to catch the ones that are
highly
> volatile and tank the next day.
>
> Several things I would play with. The HHV has a 260 period
lookback.
> I would probably shorten that. I would probably up the initial
stock
> price as well. $2 stocks are usualy being played/manipulated by the
> hucksters, so I would probably bump that number to $10.
>
> A good trend filter would also be nice to include. Several come to
> mind. Obviously the idea is going to be to jump on the trade early
> rather than late. Let me play with a few and see what looks good.
>
> Finally, you are going to need a very good trailing stop. I think
> Andy just mentioned a good one but there are others.
>
> Will get back to you with more in a bit.
>

> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Big Papa"
> <denver69692002@> wrote:
> >
> > What I have found is that the stock will behave wildly one way or
> > the other, right after it is found in the exploration.
> >
> > For instance, it caught PDO around Mid May around $14.85 before
it
> > took off to 15.74 the next day, $22.85 on day 3, etc.
> >
> > It also caught UFPT around the same time, it crossed my
magical "X"
> > percentage, and was down 35% 20 trading days later.
> >
> > During the first week in June, it caught XCO at $26.96, which was
> at
> > $34.31 10 days later, and GEOI at $27.13, down 23% 10 days later.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Big Papa,
> > >
> > > I believe somethings askew with this exploration.
> > > Next when I plotted the code as an indicator on a price chart
of
> > > several stocks what I saw was selling opportunities not buying.
> > >
> > > Preston
> > >

> > > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Big Papa"

> > buy

> > > position