[EquisMetaStock Group] Trailing Stops -- Manual ATR-based versus Auto %-based

I trade EOD. I would ideally like to adjust my ATR-based trailing
stops each evening but don't have the time.

Instead, I'm thinking of using the broker's %-based trailing stops so
I can set-it-and-forget-it (at least till the next weekend).

For example, I have bought a stock with an ATR(10) of $4 which, for
this stock, is equivalent to 5%. I like to set my trailing stops at
2.5 * ATR(10), which for this stock works out to be $10. Instead, can
I just use the broker's auto trailing stop and set it to, in this
case,  12.5% (which is 2.5 * 5%, I'm just using % instead of ATR).
Please provide your feedback.

TIA,
Andy

<*> Your email settings: