[EquisMetaStock Group] Hello Everyone - system tester - trendline question

I am a new member here. I wonder if anyone could help. I have some
programming experience but I am trying to just get a simple 2 condition
system going identifying entry on macd crossover (simple enough) -
however - I also want to draw a trendline from (L)ow (period t) to (L)
ow (period t+1 - btw i know i wont have t+1 data at t) and for the
system to stay in the trade as long as that line is not violated on a
closing basis.

Does one have to 'create' the new data series (or array) that reflects
the trendline and extrapolate that out until the end of the series - so
that we have a daily point to check against the close. (and indeed do a
different series/array for each time we trade)?
eg:

VarTRENDLINEDAILYPOINTINCREMENT = (ref(L,+1) - L)

VarTENDLINEDAILYVALUE = (number of days from t *
                        varTRENDLINEDAILYPOINTINCREMENT)+ L

Is there a more direct (automated) way of saying this in the metastock
formula language. I looked at some of the trough() based trendline
formulas...but how do we specify a new trendline for each trade we
enter...presumably some kind of loop of the form for each trading
position opened, do CREATETRENDLINE() and do STAYINPOSITON()-while
c>=varTRENDLINEDAILYVALUE...and similarly do EXITPOSITON() for
c<varTRENDLINEDAILYVALUE

My understanding is that we do the logic in the system builder and
build all the value series we need ourselves. Can we do this
automatically within the system builder or is this not something it was
designed to do. ie logically for each trade entered follow it as long
as above varDAILYTRENDLINEVALUE.

Apologies in advance if its a bit of an odd question - i am just trying
to get my head around the structure and where we should put things and
operate on them. I've got the formula primer but its not that clear.

Thanks very much in advance for any pointers.

Cheers,

Socrato

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional